Last weekend I crossed the line of "longest personal running streak" and this week I will cross the 400 consecutive miles mark. While some days have had more mileage and others less, it averages out to a touch over a 10k per day.
But let's be honest, who am I trying to impress?
Mostly myself.
I'm proud of the consistency and mileage and know how difficult it is to accomplish. There are so many things that could get in the way of running even a single mile everyday.
Queue the excuses list.
Excuses List
1. I don't have time
2. It's too early
3. I don't feel like it
4. My ____ hurts
5. It's raining
6. It's snowing
7. It's icing
8. It's dark
All valid in a way, but the cool part is that excuses hold far less sway each time they are over come. Is it cold out? Sure, but I've run in colder. Is it dark? Yeah, but I've run hundreds of miles in the dark. Do I feel sore? Naturally, but I know what those last 6 miles of the marathon feel like and it's not even close.
There is always a way to reframe things.
400 miles over 64 days
OR
10k a day for 64 days.
Onward.
P.S. With the help of AI I created an app that converts a GPX File to PNG or JPG. It's a cool little thing that's helpful for content creation.
www.whoathor.com/gpxconverter