Another After Hours Run

Huge deluge of rain melted all the snow last night and kept me from falling asleep which in turn resulted in not having time for a morning run leading to the need for an after work twilight run. See how one thing leads to another?

I learned from my previous after work run that I might start in the light, but once the sun goes down the light disappears pretty quick and having my blinky lights and headlamp is just a smart safety step. Like yesterday I went fast with sure footing. I thought about slowing down or controlling my pace more, but instead I set the cruise control with fairly consistent turnover. The occasional puddles were an annoyance, but not more than that. I work on dancing around them on the grass, but it is always soggy and my feet still get wet. Not soaked, but unpleasantly wet. I'll take that over the ice. Although there is still some risk of slipping on the mud, I'm glad the ice disappeared. 

My run streak hit 57. A tie for my previous longest streak, but with 60 more miles (367.82 vs. 308.67). When I've stopped my run streaks before it was because I planned on starting a training cycle. With no training cycle in site right now, I don't see my current streak ending anytime soon. It gives me something to help fight through the dreary months.  

An aside:
The Detroit Free Press Marathon sold out. So did the international half marathon. This is not entirely surprising, but it is a little startling to think that many people what to suffer. Seriously though, I feel a bit more justified for registering on the first day. I'm glad I took decisive action. I'm doubtful it would be a time qualifier kind of marathon, but if it sells out faster and faster, there may be some need for guiding the registration process for participants. The nature of the event will change as spots become more scarce. I imagine running for charities will become more of a thing as the event evolves. It is a pretty cool set of "problems" for organizers to try and solve.