I planned my route right, but ended up going in circles when the audio navigation broke down. This is always a risk, but the frustration rate was elevated because of the miserable weather. I didn't want to horse around with wrong turns and after checking directions for the third time freezing my fingers in the process, I turned for home.
Cold is tough to run in, but isn't half as bad as the biting wind slamming bits of snow into my face. The problem is there aren't a lot of options when I am 2 or 3 miles away from home other than heading back through the mess. One foot instead of the other.
On a separate note, one of my little Instagram reels went viral. I took about 10 seconds of footage during my run this morning because being outside felt absurd. I used 7 of those seconds for a video that has raked up over 11k views. Who knows how these things happen, but it is a weird thrill to make something that apparently is resonant. It gave me a new sense of how a 59 minute run can get distilled so easily to a few seconds. I frequently bemoan the world's lack of attention, but it is a peculiar idea and challenge to wrap a big idea or event up into a small package.