This morning I finished my 58th consecutive day running.
I got it in my head last night that I should run to get a donut from Miles Market. They have the best donuts in town and by the map's calculations only 4.75 miles from home making it the perfect target for my Saturday morning long run. I didn't think it would be such a good idea to actually eat the donut and run home so packed a ziplock bag to transport it home safey.
When I buzzed through the parking lot, I arrived at about the same time as another patron. I am sure I looked sort of ridiculous. Headlamp. Blinky lights. running tights. But I didn't feel too self-conscious, considering I'd just burned enough calories to cover half the donut, and would burn the balance on the way back home. The kind associate at the counter asked what I would like. I decided quickly on a donut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. A simple and practical choice in comparison to the cream filled donut I may have selected if I didn't need to run home with it.
I got it in my head last night that I should run to get a donut from Miles Market. They have the best donuts in town and by the map's calculations only 4.75 miles from home making it the perfect target for my Saturday morning long run. I didn't think it would be such a good idea to actually eat the donut and run home so packed a ziplock bag to transport it home safey.
When I buzzed through the parking lot, I arrived at about the same time as another patron. I am sure I looked sort of ridiculous. Headlamp. Blinky lights. running tights. But I didn't feel too self-conscious, considering I'd just burned enough calories to cover half the donut, and would burn the balance on the way back home. The kind associate at the counter asked what I would like. I decided quickly on a donut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. A simple and practical choice in comparison to the cream filled donut I may have selected if I didn't need to run home with it.
Placing the donut in my pocket turned out to be a little more challenging than expected because by this point in my run, because my hands had warmed up, I'd taken off my mittens and they competed for the realestate, but I made it work.
