Yesterday I tweaked my calf... or more accurately, I kicked my calf with the heal of my shoe when I tripped over something on the sidewalk. Maybe it was just enough of a kick to create the sensation of a strain. Anyway, what ever happened. It didn't feel quit right yesterday and that "not quite right" sensation continued (but improved today). But I decided to give it a little try outside and since it was 4am in the morning, that seemed like as good a time as any.
Well, I protected my run streak extending it to a full 6 days, but only in a very minimalist way by running 1 mile. More than the leg trouble, the street in our neighborhood was covered in ice making each footstep closer to landing on my backside and making matters worse. I ran the slowest mile I've run in years, but I got home standing so I'll call it a win and after several 50+ mile weeks, I'm not going to be too hard on myself for just running a mile.
The good news is that when I made it back home, I could fall asleep just as easily as I would if I had run 7 miles.
I'm looking forward to spring.