As I sluggishly got out the door this morning, I thought about how sometimes the first thing people do when they wake up is brush their teeth or make coffee or eat breakfast. That feels sort of appealing, but also pretty predictable. Running in the morning comes with potential of unpredictable things happening. Even if there aren't any big highlights, the possibility exists and that possibility creates enough forward motion to get going
All I needed to do was top off some mileage this morning and that is all I did. A 4 mile run and back to sleep. A slow(for me) trek with nothing substantial to see other than a few neighborhood deer bounding through the suburban yards. In the summer months they munch on the gardens. Who knows what draws them in these cold winter months.
Notes:
I'm only 6 runs away from breaking my longest running streak. Pascal says he went 199 days so I think I have a new goal.
I think I'm going to sign up for the Winterslaufe, a 8k in Frankenmuth this coming February. It might be nice to break up the winter and keep me true to the idea of having more fun this year.