There are 26 bones in your foot.


 I stepped on one of those ice rocks that develop in these extreme conditions from the snow getting shoveled and then packed together. My ankle went wonky for a hot second and I think I might have a little bruise, but nothing terrible. It reminded me how sometimes the littlest thing can derail all kinds of progress. I am on day 77 of my run streak and it would be disappointing if something as small as an ice rock made it so I couldn't make it to day 78. 

It continues to be bitter cold and I continue to just get use to it. I won't call it pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but it is amazing how I am adjusting. I'm convinced that part of it is just a mindset. "ah, just add a layer" So long as I keep my gloves and mittens on I feel like I'll stay in the clear. The wild part is i could feel sweat dripping down my back when I came in from the run. I worry less about frostbite and more about hypothermia. That would be far worse than a banged up ankle from an ice rock.