Anatomy

I am not sure if I am more concience of the changes in my body because I am running or if I would have noticed some of the quirks even if I wasn't, but the mechanics of movement seem draw attention to the small niggles. 

My legs just feel a touch of the 'oof' still since Saturday's race. I'd been pushing through some quad discomfort on the left side that made me hobble a bit, but like any experienced runner, I figured it would just go away. I really made it mad at the race, but that is the price of glory. Today it feels better. Not 100% but moving the right way and certainly not getting worse. Getting out of bed I stumble around, but part of that is because I'm sleeping hard and am gathering my bearings.

I seem to be building some callouses on the back of my ankles. Maybe my shoes and socks are rubbing jus so or I'm not locking my food down enough. It's not uncomfortable at all, but I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get irritated like during the training run prior to the indy marathon. 

I guess the weather is going to warm up this week. It is going to leave a slush mess to slop around in. Don't mistake this observation with complaining because it is one more piece of evidence that Spring exisits we are all moving toward it. 

My Saucony Ride 18 shoes will hit 500 miles this week and I will retire them
The run streak is at 88 days 567 miles. 
Feb 21 will be 100 and closer and closer to spring.