Update

True to my plan I keep working on healing up. I'm finding out that limiting the time on my feet is perfectly fine. Rather than a daily hour run 30 to 40 minutes is fine. March is still crazy, unpredictable, and unpleasant outside, and I feel no remorse about laying off the gas a little bit. I'm still not tracking my runs digitally. I am estimating distances and timing on an old-school watch remembering that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. I still haven't returned to a clear rhythm and the pressures associated with the work side of life have been adding a compounding layer of complexity to my life.

Tomorrow is the Bay City St. Pattys day race. My goal back when I plotted out the year was to run sub 20mins in the 5k, but with the way the weather looks right (i.e., snow in the morning and then windy and cold), the goal looks a little more realistic than it did a few months ago. It's still achievable and I'm not going to back down from it, but I won't have as deep of a disappointment if  I don't hit the mark. Depending on the field of runners, I very well could still make it in the top 3 for my age group even without a sub 20min run. Tactically, I'd like to stay with a pack of runners for the first half even if it is a little slower than pace and then pull away the second part of the race with enough energy at the end to kick it into another gear for the final 200m. 

Planning for the BWell Race started last month. Its good to be on the committee. A few people embraced my idea of a Mental Health Memorial Day Mile. Essentially a group of very fast runners who run 1 mile before the Memorial Day parade. We'll see how that shapes up. 

Oh and the train went by today. Always an incredible experience to have the train go by.