The Boston Marathon is tomorrow. I wish I were there, but have accepted I still need to put in some work. I'm not giving up on othe big goal, but I am just a touch more ambivilant about it right now because it seems further away each time I try and hit the mark. We'll see what happens at the Detroit Free Press Marathon this fall. It's some consolation to consider I've come further in three years than the 2022 version of myself ever would have dreamed of. I would rather fizzle out saying "I never made it to Boston, but I tried" than never trying at all. There is value in the effort not just in the result. I keep reminding myself to have fun. So far, here in 2026, I am meeting that goal. Podium(ish) at 2 of 2 races this year? That's pretty fast.
After yesterdays faster-than-it-should-have-been long run I thought I'd have some deadlegs this morning, but to my pleasant surprise that was not the case. I felt nice, relaxed and in control. I certainly didn't push the pace by any streach of the imagination. Perhaps there is some adaptation that is happening and the recovery time is shortened. I don't know. I'll accept what ever it is.













