I lost my shirt.

 I stayed up too late last night because of a evening of games and a campfire with friends. And I've been into NBA playoff basketball so needed to see how things ended with the Spurs and Thunder. Anyway, I ended up sleeping had and awoke from a dream state with it already lighter than usual outside. I missed the sun rise, but it was  apparent we were in store for  a clear sun filled morning.


Still a little cool, I went for a light weight long sleeve shirt. At mile 6 as the sun began to bake, I rolled up the sleeves. By mile 8 I decided to. Ditch the shirt a went shirtless for the concluding 3 miles. I rarely run shirtless, but the sensation of warm morning sunlight felt wonderful. I might not have the physique of the cross country boys, but I'm comfortable in my own skin.


While self consciousness wasn't a problem wasn't a problem, what to do with my shirt was an issue. I tried tying it around my waist, but that didn't feel right. I tucked it in back of me, but again it flopped around. Finally I wadded the whole thing up and just shoved it in my belt. There might have been a slight bit of bounce, but tolerable and not notable for the remaining miles.


This week I'll be running in Rome. I'm not sure what the miles wil look like or how my body will manage the new environment, but im excited to have the change of scenery. Vacation running is always a treat.