I did delivery for Sohest from Bay City to Port Huron this weekend, and it wiped me out. It is like driving from North Carolina to Michigan and then getting on a plane to Europe. 20+ hours on the water and then a 1.5-mile drive home. All this is to say I missed a few miles of the plan (8 to be exact). I don't feel bad about it.
Today I started my long run and ended up running into Mikey V. We talked shop and ran. It made the miles go by more easily. Also, I found out what conversational pace is. Usually, because I run by myself so much, I'm a bad judge of "conversational pace." Technically, I should have gone a little faster, but I am learning to balance the training load with what is more practical and what needs to happen to let me enjoy the running.
Viv and I finished our 3rd podcast. I started strength training with a kettlebell this weekend, so that was interesting. I've always been intimidated by "strength training," but I am overcoming my hesitations the same way I overcame my hesitations about running. My hope is I can use it to avoid injury. Even if it's just light strengthening work, my aim is to make some incremental progress that leads to being a healthier runner.