Grow where planted









 8/9/2026 — 10 miles, long run pace (7:45–8:00)


Today’s run turned out great. The cooler weather set in and I felt good start to finish.


I ate another bagel with almond butter. I also took a Hammer gel with caffeine before getting out the door. I loaded up a gel flask with two servings I took at 3 and 6 miles, plus some water. It all felt a bit awkwardly positioned at first, but once I settled into pace it was fine.


I only took the caffeine-based gel because I planned on staying up once I got home.


I went the same general direction as yesterday, but stayed north of State Street. I passed by the liquor store on Weiss and it had roses blooming outside between the parking lot and the curb. An odd place for a rose bush, but I guess it grew where it was planted. Or maybe the birds brought it there. A small wonderful bit of beauty.


Viv and I recorded another podcast. There are 10 more weeks of training. My number one goal is to stay healthy and injury-free, and then after that it’s just staying the course and not burning out.