Happy February

Our furnace went dead this weekend.
When I woke up on Saturday I thought that maybe my wife just had lowered the heat at night, but unfortunately, that was not the case. Thankfully, our house is well insulated and through the power of space heaters and layering up the cold is being managed. Anyway, it's not as cold as it is outside by any stretch of the imagination. 

I rounded out January with 220 miles over the course of 32 runs (remember there was that one day when it was warm enough for shorts when I ran in the morning and the afternoon). The mileage came pretty naturally. Sure, there were a few instances where I went the extra mile, but there were a few days where I didn't bother. I guess it all worked itself out. 

I keep reminding myself that everyday I run is one day closer to spring time. It is a simple and obvious statement, but a useful mantra and is keeping me from skidding along the bottom of the winter duldrums. 

Suppose to warm up tomorrow

Feb. 1: 5F
Jan. 31: 10F
Jan. 30:-5F
Jan. 29: 10F
Jan. 28: 7F
Jan. 27: 5F
Jan 26: 10F
Jan 25: 5F
Jan 24: -9F
Jan 23: 5F
Jan 22: 14F

Also I've been making little videos of the daily runs. Nothing fancy, but finding a rhythm