I am starting to get my groove back.
Saturday I headed out on a long run. I've been clocking 10 miles for my long run, but kept feeling good and the weather felt great so when I made it to mile 6 I figured I might as well head over the river which would mean 7 miles and then I needed to turn for home which brought the total up to 13.1 I'd classify it as a moderately paced long run. I didn't push the pace, but it wasn't just a trot either.
A solid long run like this one, into the city, always means some interesting sites. A shopping cart, an old-fashioned car, bust of a local neurosurgeon aiming for peace in the world. It kept things from being borning. I felt just a twing of discomfort in my calf with about .25 miles to go, but with a little rest on Sunday it seems to have resolved. I'm still being careful. There's still not need to push the limits. I like running and the surest way to be able to keep running is to NOT get injured.
Sunday, I went for a wild trail run. The trail flooded, but the weather was hot and I felt like an adventure.